Benefits of Buying a Certified Used Vehicle
This article will discuss why it is a good idea to purchase a certified pre-owned (CPO) car. Here are some of the advantages:
Only the Premium Condition Vehicles Qualify
If the vehicle doesn’t meet the set criteria, then it can’t be called a CPO vehicle. Vehicles that are old models have a low mileage but have a perfect vehicle history is accepted into the CPO programs.
Multi-point Inspection and Reconditioning Process
The things that are examined by the dealer vary with each manufacturer. Did you know that a typical CPO vehicle undergoes 100 to 200 checks just to be approved?
Extended Warranty Protection
Several CPO programs extend the basic and original warranty on a CPO car. Companies that offer mileage limits and a comparatively shorter term time for an original new car warranty. Furthermore, they are more likely to extend the CPO programs just to be more competitive.
Low Interest Financing
CPO cars tend to be a bit more expensive than the non-certified versions. However, the CPO vehicles qualify for low finance rates.
Certain CPO programs offer free maintenance for a limited period of time.
A lot of CPO programs offer 24 hours roadside assistance, which lasts throughout the extended warranty coverage. You can utilize the services if you need a jump start, lock yourself out of the car, or run out of gas.
A lot of CPO programs permit the buyer to exchange their car for another model, within the specific mileage limit and time frame.
Certified Pre-Owned Buying Tips
Here are some of the tips that you should know about if you are considering to buy a CPO car:
- The resale values the same as a non-CPO car. The price is determined by factors like the car’s condition, equipment, and mileage.
- Make sure you are being offered the certification, as that means that your car met the set requirements.
- Check the certification checklist to see that all the major components have been inspected.
- Check the repair and maintenance history.
- The remainder of the car warranty should be clearly stated.
- Read the CPO warranty and see if here is bumper to bumper coverage. Also see if the warranty is transferable, because some are; and others are not.
- Scrutinize the mileage and age limits in the warranty, because you might hit the mileage limit first. Check the return policy and consider the time frame, sales tax, dealer refund registration and sales tax.
- Take the car for a test drive.
- Negotiate on the price.
Consider all these tips when buying a CPO car and you will end up with a great vehicle. Good luck!
Where to Buy a Pre-Certified Used Vehicle?
If you are from Utah and are looking for a pre-certified used vehicle, then get in touch with Findlay Auto.